Full Body Leadership Medical Evaluation
When last have you stopped to take a full body leadership medical examination? This is absolutely crucial for diagnosing existing ailments acts as a preventative measure for discovering other conditions in their early stages.
It is imperative that you first seek a Physician Consultation – Do you have a Mentor or a strong Support Network you can confide in? Early detection is key. Leadership can be stressful at times. How well do you handle the dissenting voices? Do you crumble under pressure? To begin with, you will be required to undergo a blood test to determine your blood type and pressure. If your blood type is “Be Positive.” (B+) and your pressure is normal, this a great starting point.
Depending on the results of your consultation (MRI / CT Scan), the following 10 Examinations could be recommended.
1) Pulmonary Function Test –The cells of the human body require a constant stream of oxygen to stay alive. The respiratory system provides oxygen to the body’s cells. Do you breathe Passion and Purpose? Passion is the “breath of life. Lack of passion is fatal. Passion is an intense emotion, compelling enthusiasm or desire for something. It’s the fire that burns within. Is your fire still burning bright or has it gone dim? “Passion is oxygen of the soul.” Bill Butler
2) Electrocardiogram (ECG) -The heart represents the seat of emotions. Do you display Empathy, Compassion and Authenticity? Leaders with empathy use their knowledge to improve their companies in subtle, but important ways. This doesn't mean that they agree with everyone's view or try to please everybody. Rather, they ‘thoughtfully consider employees' feelings – along with other factors – in the process of making intelligent decisions." Dr. Daniel Goleman
3) Brain Intelligence Test(IQ) - Do you think outside the box? Do you surround yourself with smart, passionate and competent individuals? An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail. It’s important to build a strong team and welcome fresh opinions, perspectives and honest feedback. Creativity and Innovation are the lifeblood of any organization.“If we do not employ creativity as a core cultural imperative in business, we will be stuck in yesterday’s success” Erik Wahl)
4) Ultrasound of Abdomen - The intestines function are to digest food and to enable the nutrients released from that food to enter into the bloodstream. Does truth reside in your inward parts? Does Honesty and Integrity run through your veins? A leader needs to be trusted and be known to live by ethical principles.
5) Speech and Hearing Assessment. Is your speech seasoned with salt? Do practice passive or active listening? Active listening is simply being receptive by paying attention to the meaning behind the speaker’s words. A good leader is a good listener. Developing excellent Communication skills is absolutely essential to effective leadership. "If a leader can't get a message across clearly and motivate others to act on it, then having a message doesn't even matter." -Gilbert Amelio. Emotional Intelligence – (relational wellness) plays a big part in effective communication. You may be also required to take this test which is a subset. Leaders possessing high EQ are able to communicate more effectively and therefore influence and inspire others.
6) A Comprehensive Eye Exam is crucial to avoid the classic “blind leading the blind” syndrome. Do you have sight or vision? Sight is confined to your current environment, while Vision sees beyond your now to your future possibilities. Great leaders understand the power of vision and they capitalize on it by painting a clear vision of the future. Having good vision is necessary, it will keep you on track. It also illuminates the whole body and serves as a beacon to your employees.
7) Rheumatoid Factor Test- Arthritis can cause joint pain and stiffness in your hands and may greatly affect your ability to complete simple tasks. Competence goes beyond words. It’s the leader’s ability to say it, plan it, and do it in such a way that others know that you know how ~ John. C. Maxwell
8) Blood Glucose Test – If you have diabetes, your feet are vulnerable to a variety of problems. Do you prefer “sweet” settings and so keep in your comfort zone? Are you a Risk Taker? Do you embrace change? "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." - ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
9) Muscle Strength, Endurance and Flexibility Test – Muscles are the "engine" that your body uses to propel itself. It would be impossible for you to do anything without your muscles. Perseverance - To build muscle, you will have to complete the Ironman Leadership Triathlon: Swim through failure, Jump over rejection and Climb above obstacles. "Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other" Walter Elliott
10) Skeletal X- Ray- The skeletal system provides the base framework to which all the other tissues and organs attach, giving shape to the human body. Where do you get your Self Worth from? Do you separate who you are from what you do? Many leaders lose their sense of self / identity in their leadership function and depend on their title to define them.
Acceptance and Admittance is fundamental to dealing with unwholesome leadership.
Depending on your diagnosis the following may be proposed:
- Body Cleanse - Harboring toxic emotions can lead to a buildup of harmful pathogens which can thwart your thought and problem solving process. If you have been burned (betrayed) just apply ice. It’s also important to undergo a detoxification programme to flush the body of viruses thus ensuring proper PH (acid-alkaline) balance. To maintain equilibrium you can either be administered an injection of Life lessons Successful Leaders wished they had learned Earlier or be referred to a psychologist in severe cases.
- Exercise coupled with Diet Counseling is important if you have lifestyle diseases. (10 Exercise Tips for Professionals). A healthy diet will build up your body and sustain your strength. Remember to drink plenty of water and other fluids to stay hydrated. The temperature at the top can sometimes soar to record highs. You don’t want to get heat stroke. Additionally, if your daily nutritional intake is insufficient, you may require an additional vitamin and mineral supplement: The Three pills every Leader should take – Stillness, Silence and Solitude.
- However, if your leadership has flat-lined it may require a dose of Electric shock by a defibrillator (employee surveys) to wake you up into reality. You then will be transported to the operating theatre to view 10 Tips to Boost Employee Morale.
Consequently, if you do not heed the physician’s coaching, this can be very costly to the company, resulting in falling share prices. By not taking prescribed medication such as antibiotics on time, your condition can become life-threatening which can abruptly conclude your leadership presence. Therefore, placing a pint-size adhesive bandage on a severe infection is pointless. You will have to go under the knife (surgery). Surgical removal of negative growths is essential to stop them from spreading. It can be painful but it will be well appreciated by all those under your care.