The Top 10 Leadership Qualities:
1. Vision – A good leader is able to able to paint a vivid picture of the future that that will motivate and guide action. Every member of the team should be able to understand and describe a similar picture.
2. Communication is one of the fundamental leadership capabilities. So much is done through communication. Communication is a two-way street with listening as important as speaking. Great leaders listen incredibly well as part of their communication skills
3. Integrity – means acting outwardly in a manner consistent with inner values. – Great leaders are known for the ethical principles they stand on. A leader needs to be an exemplar, initiating action and presenting her or himself as a paradigm case of what a person should be and how actions should be performed.
4. Persistence –Achieving goals takes commitment and dedication. Leaders put in the time and effort and don’t easily give up in spite of the numerous obstacles faced. This takes Confidence. In order to lead and set direction a leader needs to appear confident as a person and in the leadership role.
5. Passion - A vital component of leadership not only getting others to act, but they need to act with passion. Excitement is contagious. When a leader is motivated and excited about the cause people will be more inclined to follow.
6. Authenticity acts as a catalyst that earns the respect of followers. The more your team trust you, the easier they will follow your lead.
7. Inspirational - Inspirational Leadership is about energizing and creating a sense of direction and purpose for followers and excitement and momentum to achieve goals. Inspirational leaders are capable of taking an organization and people to new heights
8. Humility - True leaders always aim to serve rather than be served. Humble leaders use their power to empower others. They are able to genuinely relate to and empathize with their followers. They are flexible and are able to engage with others in ways that promote the overall good.
9. Empathy strengthens your relationship and your depth of influence. Great leaders care about getting the job done as well the well-being of all those under their care. We tend to confuse empathy with sympathy; empathy is really being able to understand the needs of others. It means that you are aware of their feelings and how it impacts their perception. Empathy is an important component of effective relationships and is indeed a valued currency.
10. Continuous Learning - Great leaders know that leadership development is an ongoing process so they are constantly looking for ways to improve themselves and their team.